Passengers recommended to arrive at least two hours prior to their scheduled departure.
TULSA, OK – May 18, 2022 – With Tulsa hosting two major events this weekend, the 2022 PGA Championship and IRONMAN Tulsa, Tulsa International Airport is anticipating an increase in passenger activity over the next week, with the busiest days being this Saturday, May 21st through Tuesday, May 24th.
Travel tips and reminders for passengers flying this week:
• Arrive to the airport two hours prior to your scheduled departure, keeping in mind the checkpoint does not open until 3:45 a.m.
• Give yourself additional time if you need to return a rental car, or if traveling with a large group.
• If you are not checking a bag, then skip the ticket counter by using a mobile boarding check-in process through your airline’s app or website. Contact your airline directly for specific instructions.
• To expedite time through the security screening process, slip on shoes are recommended. Passengers not eligible for TSA’s Pre✓™ program should be prepared to remove shoes and jackets for screening. All laptops, tablets, or electronic items larger than a cell phone must be removed from suitcases and placed into a bin. Passengers should place keys, cell phones, pagers, and loose change in their carry-on bags before getting in the security line.
• Both the Arrivals and Departures roadway curbs are for active loading and unloading only. If you’re picking someone up, then park in the airport’s free cell phone lot and ask your party to notify you when they are ready at the curb with their luggage. If you would like to greet your party inside the terminal, then park in the airport’s short-term parking located at the top level of the parking garage. Visit this link for a parking map that shows the free Cell Phone Lot.
• Travelers who have medical conditions or disabilities are encouraged to call the TSA Cares toll-free helpline in advance of their trip at 1-855-787-2227 to ask about screening policies, procedures and what to expect at the checkpoint. It is recommended to call 72 hours in advance of the trip.
• Airport Ambassadors will be available to answer any questions or concerns that travelers may have at the airport.